Indiana has 4.7 million acres of forestland (just over 20% of IN land base) and 4.6 million acres of timberland. 95% of Indiana's forests are classified as hardwood forest types and more than 635,000 acres have been enrolled in the Classified Forest program.
Have you ever wondered why Indiana forests are so amazing? Would you like to keep them amazing? Meet two of the people from organizations fighting to keep and grow our forests plentiful. Anne Laker and Shannon Anderson talk about the importance of saving our forests and what challenges they run into in that battle.Support An Indianapolis Business Podcast: Off the Circle
- Earth Charter Indiana — Earth Charter Indiana inspire and advance sustainable, just and peaceful living in Indiana by promoting the values and principles of the Earth charter.
- Indiana Forest Alliance — Preserving and restoring Indiana’s native hardwood forest ecosystem for the enjoyment of all
- Find Your Legislator — Find and let your legislators know that these issues and others are important to you.
- Central Indiana Landtrust — CILTI preserves the best of Central Indiana’s natural areas, protecting plants and animals, so Hoosiers can experience the wonder of the state’s natural heritage.
- Donate a Tree to Indiana's Tree Project — By donating just $10 to plant a tree, you will help wildlife, prevent soil erosion, support our state’s largest agricultural industry, and help bring back natural beauty to our state.