On this episode, we interview Evan Tester and Steven Meyer of King Park and discuss how Community Development Financial Institutions are helping to play a key role in developing underserved parts of our community.
King Park Development Corporation is a non-profit community development corporation (CDC) committed to improving housing, economic development, and quality of life in the King Park area. Founded in 1987 by concerned residents and neighborhood groups, King Park has helped drive the revitalization of neighborhoods in the northern downtown area of Indianapolis through various public and private partnerships.
King Park focuses on comprehensive community development by:
- Revitalizing neighborhoods by renovating and building affordable housing.
- Driving economic growth and sustainability with our business services.
- Directly impacting and contributing to the quality of life through public programs.
The King Park service area includes the following neighborhoods: Old North Side, Herron Morton Place, Kennedy King, Reagan Park, Fall Creek Place, Friends & Neighbors, and Crosstown. Each neighborhood offers a unique experience, and our efforts have helped create vibrant, growing communities in the heart of Marion County.
- King Park Development Corporation — Just minutes north of downtown Indianapolis, the Neighborhoods of King Park are vibrant, livable, sustainable, connected, and welcoming communities that are a model for neighborhood revitalization. Founded in 1987 by concerned residents and neighborhood groups, King Park has helped drive the revitalization of neighborhoods in the northern downtown area of Indianapolis through various public and private partnerships.
- Build Fund — The Build Fund is the only Community Development Financial Institution solely devoted to supporting economic development in Indianapolis.
- Sapphire Strategy — Sapphire Strategy combines analytics-backed insight and experienced-based intuition to help B2B businesses optimize their marketing performance.