On this episode, we interview Steve Sanner, President of Hoosier Automotive Services. In 1985, Steve Sanner and his partners started what is now known as Jiffy Lube of Indiana. Since that time, the Indianapolis-based business has expanded to 48 Jiffy Lube locations (46 in Indiana, two in Illinois) with more than 400 employees, creating one of the largest systems of franchised service centers in the industry. In 2017 alone, the company performed nearly half a million oil changes.
While Jiffy Lube of Indiana is well-known for providing superior vehicle care, its commitment to employees is what Sanner says has led it to become one of the leading Jiffy Lube franchises in the U.S. Through the company’s “Growing People Through Work” program, lives of employees and their families have been transformed.
Recognized for several years by Training Magazine as one of the best training programs in the country, highlights of Growing People Through Work include:
- $5,000 loans for managers who are first time home buyers to use as a down payment
- Tuition reimbursement and college scholarships for employees’ children
- Seminars with experts, designed to coach employees on financial literacy, health and wellness, and attitude/pride-in-work
- A Jiffy Lube Cares Fund that has provided more than $220,000 in no-interest loans to employees for emergency situations
Lonnie Hinkle, COO of Jiffy Lube of Indiana, is a living example of how Growing People Through Work can change lives. He started at Jiffy Lube with a part-time job vacuuming cars, moving up through the ranks to become manager and eventually COO and company partner. He credits Jiffy Lube with paying off his student loans, helping him buy his first home – and even helping him lose 120 pounds!
- Jiffy Lube Indiana — Jiffy Lube Indiana has 52 locations in the Indianapolis area and around the state of Indiana, there is sure to be one near you! They are the largest system of franchised service centers in the fast lube industry. Their mission is to provide Indiana drivers with expert preventive maintenance services in order to prolong the life of their vehicle.