We May Go A Bit Overboard On This Podcast about Podcasting
September 6th, 2017
54 mins 23 secs
About this Episode
Almost 24% of Americans have listened to a podcast in the last year. Of those listeners, almost half of them have turned into weekly listeners. In this episode, Doug won't shut up about podcasting, but we hope you won't turn away and stay tuned in to listen to everything the team has to say.
Have you thought about starting a podcast? It's easier than ever given the advancement of inexpensive smartphones, apps, and microphone technologies. We'll walk you through everything you need to know about equipment, hosting, and syndication. Podcasting is skyrocketing in popularity - we'll explain why and maybe you should jump onboard!Support An Indianapolis Business Podcast: Off the Circle
- Podcast Indy — A fantastic support group of Indianapolis podcasters who get together often to share tips, tricks, and the latest gear for personal or professional podcasting.
- DK New Media — DK New Media's podcasting studio at the Speak Easy in Downtown Indy.
- Edge Media Studio — Edge Media's video and podcasting studio in Indianapolis.
- Creative Zombie Studios — The first professional studio built in Indianapolis, with video and photography studios adjacent.
- Waveone Radio — A new audio studio built at the base of 120 E Market St in downtown Indianapolis.
- Shure MV88 iOS Condenser Microphone — Douglas mentions the incredible and portable condenser microphone he uses on the road.
- Blue Yeti USB Microphone — A crowd favorite with podcasters, the Yeti Mic is fantastic for self-recording or recording an interview.
- Zoom H6 Six-Track Portable Recorder — The Cadillac of recorders, the Zoom H6 has 4 built-in XLR connections (you can buy an extension for 2 more) and a ton of accessories. The simple user interface and controls make it easy for the tech-challenged to record everything they need and adjust volumes as necessary.
- Brassy Broadcast Podcast Boot Camp — Podcast Launch Bootcamp is a week of hand-holding, cheerleading, and drill sergeant-ing to give you that extra push to get your podcast out into the world.
- Fireside — Podcast hosting and analytics, wrapped into a beautiful, responsive, mobile-ready website.
- Simplecast — Very simple podcast hosting. Everything you need to host and syndicate your podcast.