The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical devices, vehicles, home appliances, and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity which enable these objects to connect and exchange data. As technology continues to advance, virtually any device that users interact with will have local computing capabilities that are connected via the cloud to other services.
Indiana is a world leader in growing, making, and moving things. When our most important sectors are combined with the spirit of entrepreneurship and the power or technology, Indiana will have leadership in the Internet of Things.
The Indiana IoT Lab facility is designed to bring the emerging IoT sector together as a lab for innovation and collaboration. Entrepreneurs and businesses will have the space they need to bring the four key components of IoT solutions together: ideation, cloud data, edge hardware, and development. Through the Lab, these entrepreneurs and businesses will launch the technology solutions needed to meet the world’s growing tech needs.
We're ecstatic to have Cameron Weeks, John Wechsler, and Mayor Scott Fadness on the show to discuss how they're working to position central Indiana as a national leader in the Internet of Things.
If you're a marketing and technology firm that isn't driving leads through your online presence, we can help. We help you develop and execute a digital marketing strategy while educating your staff and providing all the resources.
My IT Indy is a complete technology solution provider. We are 100% committed to making sure business owners have the most reliable and professional IT service in the United States.
- ClearObject — ClearObject is an IoT Systems Innovator, helping the world’s best companies connect their bold ideas to the Internet of Things. We bring our years of experience, our team of experts and our coalition of leading partners together to make your IoT solutions a reality.
- Fishers, Indiana — Indiana is a world leader in growing things, making things and moving things. Add technology and entrepreneurship, and that’s world leadership in the Internet of Things. Indiana’s main industries are the first industries seeing innovation through IoT: agriculture, manufacturing, and transportation and logistics.
- Indiana IoT Lab — The Indiana IoT Lab facility is designed to bring the emerging IoT sector together as a lab for innovation and collaboration. Entrepreneurs and businesses will have the space they need to bring the four key components of IoT solutions together: ideation, cloud data, edge hardware, and development.
- Launch Fishers — Launch Fishers is open to anyone participating directly or indirectly in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, from “single-shingle” designers and developers to service providers and innovators and "intrapreneurs” from larger companies in the area.
- Sharpen Technologies — Sharpen just introduced a new programming language to make proactive customer service a reality for every company. For example, in the past, if a consumer’s power went out, they’d have to call the electric company and wait on hold to report the problem. Now, with IoT, contact centers can immediately notify them of the issue and proactively dispatch a utility worker to fix it.